Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jonathan Cope speaking about retirement

"It’s a death of something you love dearly and you mourn it terribly.  Not so much the adoration and the applause and all that side of it but just dancing to music.

I sometimes think now if I could just go into a studio with one of my old partners with nobody around and have a great pianist in the corner and we could just do the pas de deux I would still be satisfied.  I wouldn’t need anyone to see it.  It’s just the feeling of moving with music and with somebody that you hold dear.  It’s something you love so much."

Quote from a broadcast of Value Judgements, Series 14, Episode 5, BBC Radio Wales, 12 Jan 2011 Interview with ballet dancer Jonathan Cope talking to Phil George about his dance career and retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment